Fees, Living Costs and Other Information
Study Abroad & Exchange to Tasmania
- Why Choose Tasmania
- Course Information
- Arrival, Orientation, Enrolment and Registration
- Visa Requirements and Health Insurance
- Fees, Living Costs and Other Information
- Application Procedure
- Information for Exchange Partners, Advisors & Agents
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Application Form (pdf)
- Download Study Abroad Guide (pdf)
- Contact Information
Study Abroad tuition fee - AUD$7,437 per semester (2014)
Exchange students pay tuition fee at home institution and do not pay at UTAS
Health Cover is compulsory for all students and the cost for 2013 is AUD$290.50 for 6 months and AUD$622.50 for 12 months
Cost of living
See Cost of Living for a breakdown of living costs in Tasmania
Semester, exam dates and mid semester breaks
Semester 1 commences in February
Semester 2 commences in July
What are the popular / specialty programmes?
Aboriginal Studies, Animal and Marine Science, Maritime, Natural Environment and Wilderness Management, Antarctic studies, Fine Arts, Geology, Law and Business
Tasmania has many National Parks and natural areas that are World Heritage listed which offers students wonderful field trips to enhance their studies.
Extra Curricular Activities
- Tasmania's National Parks
- Tourism Tasmania
- Places of interest in Tasmania
- Hiking - one student's experience of Frenchman's Cap
- Surfing - Launceston Uni Surf Team - latest events
- University Student Organisation
After you have enrolled you are eligible for work rights, up to 20 hours of employment per week.
Can I study part-time?
It is a university and immigration policy that students who are on a student visa must be enrolled full-time which is a maximum of 4 units per semester. Students can study 3 units per semester but permission must be sought by your home institution first.
Is there an information booklet?
RESEARCH & FEES